Road ahead / Onumdeki yol

Road ahead / Onumdeki yol (Turkce altta)

I had my last chemo this Tuesday. I cannot express the intensity of joy I am still feeling. Right now I think what can measure up to this can only be my first clean scan. Soon I will be feeling like a normal person again, I think I forgot how it feels. Even if the side effects I experienced were probably moderate, still it was always there: this feeling of a chemical, sort of grinding your bones and wearing you out. I am glad it is all past now.

The oncologist said I should get an MRI, so next Monday will determine how chemo has affected the tumor. I hope I will not get scanxiety, I am trying not to think about it since there is nothing I can do. After that, they will schedule me for an operation, but I guess the MRI will be a decision tool on the scale of the operation. We will see, I feel prepared for all options but I guess there is no such preparation to prevent the sad feelings that may overflow once I actually hear the doctor say them. So I think it is best not to worry at all, or not to even think about it.

I will also have radiotherapy for 1.5 months after the operation. It will be 5 times a week, like a regular job. But I think it lasts much shorter than a workday. I don't know anything about any possible side effects yet but I guess they are nothing compared to chemotherapy.

I am looking forward for my operation to be scheduled and anxious to put this chapter behind in my life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bu Sali son kemoterapi dozumu aldım. Son oldugunu dusundugunde hala icim nese doluyor. Herhalde bu kadar sevinci bir de ilk temiz tahlil sonucumu elime alinca yasayabilirmisim gibi geliyor. Kisa zaman sonra normal bir insan gibi olabilecegim. Fiziksel olarak normal hissetmeyi neredeyse unuttum diyebilirim. Benim tecrube ettigim yan etkiler belki cok da agir degildi ama yine de hep oradaydi: vucudunuzda kemiklerinizi ufalayarak gezinen ve yoran bir kimyasal var. Artik hepsi gecmiste kaldi.

Onkologum MR cektirmem gerektigini soyledi. Pazartesi kemoterapinin tumoru nasil etkiledigini gorecegiz. MR nasil cikacak diye stres yapmam umarim. Aslinda dusunmemeye calisiyorum cunku yapabilecegim hicbir sey yok. MR sonrasi ameliyat tarihim belli olacak. Sanirim MR ile ameliyatin kapsamina karar verilecek. Yasayip gorecegim tabi ki ama sanki herseye hazirlikliymisim gibi hissediyorum. Gerci doktorun agzindan gercekten duyunca yasayabilecegim kotu hisleri onleyebilecek bir hazirlik yok sanirim. Dolayisiyla kafama takmamaya, aslinda hic dusunmemeye calisiyorum.

Ameliyat sonrasi 1,5 ay boyunca haftada 5 gun radyoterapi gorecekmisim. Normal bir is gununden daha kisa surmesini bekliyorum ama 5 gun oldugu icin is gibi olacak. Olasi yan etkilerle ilgili henuz cok bir sey bilmiyorum ama kemoterapi ile karsilastirilamaz sanirim.

Bir an once ameliyat tarihim belli olsun istiyorum. Hayatimdan bu sayfayi hemen geride birakmak istiyorum.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Chemobrain / Kemo kafasi

Chemotherapy / Kemoterapi

Surgery