Thyroid

Thyroid

After the surgery, pathology results revealed a very tiny cancerous piece in my thyroid lymphs. Well, you can imagine my first reaction to that. I was very frustrated, I was caught off guard for this, I had thought the decision to remove them was just a precaution for the future. But it was already there! I couldn't believe I had done this much harm to myself, and was just on the edge from blaming myself. Then I learned that it is a very common type and not even really considered as cancer, nothing bad will happen.

I feel much better now. I think it was just another bump on the road, and I should be more welcoming to the bumps and don't let them bring me down. They kept telling me that cancer is a process, I know but still I can't keep myself from waiting for the deadlines and checking tick boxes: chemo-done, surgery-done, another cancer-wait,what???? So I guess even cancer couldn't change my personality, I am still easily put off by things that I cannot control.

So what was next? I was waiting for radiotherapy to start, but with this new thing, I didn't know what to expect. Luckily my doctor appointment were soon and I didn't wait in darkness for a long time. The doctors all agreed to go with the radiotherapy for the breast first before starting the treatment for the thyroid. The radiotherapy is scheduled for the first week of January and will last for 1,5 months, then the thyroid treatment will start. In the meantime I will use pills that will replace thyroid hormones since I cannot produce them myself anymore.

The overall treatment duration has increased but still I am done with the hardest parts and am glad that whatever has happened is treatable and will be over sooner or later.



Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Chemobrain / Kemo kafasi

Chemotherapy / Kemoterapi

Surgery